Conference Program on October 20th
Conference Program Day 1
40 lectures took place at the tomorrow 2021 LIVE at the RMCC in Wiesbaden on October 20th & 21st.
International experts shared their expertise and know-how live on stage from 10:00 to 16:50 CEST on October 20th. The topics covered:
Industrial IoT & Automotive ┃ Healthcare & Security ┃ Retail & Consumer IoT ┃ Logistics & Supply Chain ┃ Wireless IoT Technologies
The technologies covered:
RFID, NFC, BLE, UWB, RTLS, LoRaWAN, NB IoT, 4G/5G, Bluetooth, Mioty, SigFox, WiFi, AI
All lectures were held in English and were livestreamed on the digital event platform for the tomororw 2021 VIRTUAL.
On-demand videos of all conference lectures are now available on the virtual event platform until 16.11.2021.
Learn more about various different solutions, applications and products, all relating to wireless IoT technologies.
Below, you will find the stars of the conference!
- Guest speaker: Haris Mahmutovic - Software Developer, Evolution ID
- A unique encrypted number in an RFID badge or smartphone application can be used to identify a unique operator and link people to sales transactions and sales processes.
- Learn how you can integrate RFID into the retail environment, and what to look for in a reader for consumer goods sales.
- Testimonial: Prototype to mass production, client-vendor joint presentation.
- “Tap-Tape”: A physical package making digital content more valuable, enhancing customer experience.
- NFC tamper loop design to facilitate copy protection, printed on paper substrate.
- An eco-friendly locally produced solution.
- The pandemic has accelerated trends that were already underway.
- Customer expectations continue to grow along with increased demand on supply chains from e-commerce with 41% of consumers using two or more sales channels while shopping.
- Hiring, training, and retaining the labour workforce is more difficult than ever.
- Are RFIDs ever going to replace barcode labels?
- Will standard RFIDs work with most of the automotive applications?
- Can quality be improved compared to barcode labels?
- How to manage every OEM specifying a different RFID?
- Explanatory use cases from the automotive industry and beyond
- Production process enhancement with replacing barcodes with RFID
- Automatic registration of serialized car parts during the production process
- Ensuring on-time and correct tire type deliveries by RFID enabled shipment verification process
- Visibility to 70,000 RTIs shipped between 13 regional depots in Europe
- What types of harsh environments do exist?
- Why is RFID a technology that is ideal to operate in such environments?
- Which standards and properties are essential to make it work?
- Practical use case examples from around the world
- Introduction to the RFID laundry market
- Operational and business challenges in managing linen in hospitality and healthcare
- Combining UHF RFID technology & cloud software platform to improve linen flow efficiency while reducing overall costs
- Practical examples of real-world deployments and resulting benefits
- Fit for purpose technology fills a cost gap between RFID and UWB
- Making the business case positive for low accurate but long living location and inventory implementations
- Expansion of the use cases into Intralogistics, Inventory and Supply Chain
- Introduction M&A
- Drivers behind the adoption of RFID in logistics and manufacturing
- Examples of RFID implementations at for example Henkel, Arvato, Fehrer, PostNL, Scania, CEVA Logistics
- Outlook coming years
- Transparency and control in real time
- Ensuring high availability and preventing bottlenecks
- Easy integration of standard processes
- Efficient implementation of urgent transactions
- Automatic data transfer to the backend and simultaneous monitoring of the used devices
- Optimization of internal transport orders
- Seamless indoor & outdoor tracking
- Intelligent networking and Auto-ID
- SAP data exchange thanks to hybrid technology
- Ultra-Wideband (UWB), RFID, SAP, MQTT, RTLS
- Technical basics
- Architecture of the network
- Comparison with LTE NB IoT
- Security aspects
- Beyond the vendor lock in - Interoperability as enabler for seamless locating services.
- Examples how companies benefit from open locating systems.
- omlox as open community - collaboration and competition.
- NFC Forum release of NFC-enabled wireless charging
- Powering and charging smallest and larger IoT devices
- Configuring and reading data from IoT devices
- Industrial applications like sensors and connector replacements
- Wireless sensors classification
- Hardware implementation in IoT solutions
- Mobile reader
- Sensor application fields
- Mioty technology: features and benefits
- Comparison of LPWAN technologies
- Use cases for smart cities and industrial IoT
- Overview of the mioty eco system – from sensor to dash board
- Upgrade from existing LPWAN to future proof IoT networks
- LAN and LPWAN wireless techniques in practice
- Data security
- Data availability: data protocols under broadband aspects
- Smart Data platform for digital services