The RFID & Wireless IoT tomorrow 2020 will take place on October 27th and 28th, 2020 at the Science and Congress Center darmstadtium in Darmstadt, in the state of Hessen.
Entry into Germany (Federal State of Hessen)
Arrival from Germany
If you travel from within Germany, there are NO restrictions.
Arrival from Abroad
Germany differentiates the entry procedure from abroad according to the area of origin.
The Federal Government is constantly examining the extent to which areas are to be classified as risk areas. Therefore, changes can also occur at short notice. Before you begin your journey, please check immediately if you have stayed in one of these areas within the last 14 days before entering Germany. The up-to-date classification of all risk areas can be found here. (This information is only available in German)
Classification as a risk area is based on a two-stage evaluation. First, it is determined which states/regions have had more than 50 newly infected persons per 100,000 inhabitants in the last seven days. Second, qualitative criteria are used to determine whether states/regions that nominally fall below the threshold value mentioned above are still at risk of an increased risk of infection.
Entry From a Non-Risk Area
If you enter from a non-risk area, there are NO restrictions.
Entry From a Risk Area
When entering the country from a risk area, a negative PCR (corona) test result is necessary. This test must not be older than 48 hours and must be presented to the responsible public health department immediately upon request. The medical certificate (the negative PCR test) must be kept for at least 14 days after entry.
Our recommendation: Carry out a PCR test at your hometown before departure and travel with a negative PCR test result or have the PCR test carried out at Frankfurt Airport. The result is available within 6 hours!
Arrival by Airplane
The Darmstadtium is located about 15 kilometers from Frankfurt Airport.
From the airport, you can reach the darmstadtium by car/taxi in 20 minutes, by train or by the AIRLiner shuttlebus in about 30 minutes.
- Leaves airport from the bus station at Terminal 1 (bus stop 14) and Terminal 2 (outside arrival areas D&E) every half hour
- Brings passengers directly to Darmstadt Convention Center (Kongresszentrum), the venue for RFID & Wireless IoT tomorrow 2020
- Costs 8.75 € per person
- Offers large luggage area, comfortable seats and free WIFI
- Runs more than 30 times daily
Arrival by Train at a Fixed Price
Visitors are able to travel to the Darmstadt Convention Center for a fixed price from any Deutsche Bahn station in Germany, thanks to cooperation between the darmstadtium and Deutscher Bahn. Be green and travel by train!
- Travel directly from the Frankfurt airport (Frankfurt Flughafen) to Darmstadt Central Station (Darmstadt Hauptbahnhof), which is less than 10 minutes from the Darmstadt Convention Center (Kongresszentrum) and is easily accessible by car/taxi or tram, with stops “Schloss” and “Luisenplatz” being the closest to the darmstadtium.
- Find additional information regarding public transportation in Darmstadt and the surrounding area here: HEAG mobilo.
Arrival by Car
The Darmstadt Convention Center is located in Darmstadt's city center and has direct access to the A5 and A67 highways.
In the multi-story parking lot “Schlossgaragen/Karolinenplatz”, parking spaces in the “Karolinenplatz/darmstadtium” area are fully accessible. Cost: 1.80€ per hour or 15.00€ for the maximum daily fee.
Additional details on how to get there can be found on the darmstadtium website: darmstadtium
Your Contact to the Conference Organization Team:
(+49) 4131-789529 11