Retailers and solutions providers are aiming to put a stop to food waste.
A third of all food worldwide is not eaten, but thrown away. In Europe, 173 kilograms are wasted per person each year. In the retail forum of RFID & Wireless IoT tomorrow, retailers and solutions providers explain how RFID and NFC solutions can guarantee freshness and increase revenue.
Food retailers face supply chain challenges
All food retailers – from grocery stores to hypermarkets – face the same daily challenges: inaccurate inventories, non-transparent flows of goods, expired products, spoiled food, and out-of-stocks. Holistic supply chain solutions can optimise the quality and freshness of products.
If retailers know the best-by-date of all their products, they can present the products with lower lifespan on the sales floor while longer-lived products remain in stock for the moment. “First in, first out” is replaced by a transparent, optimised, and dynamic flow of goods.
Wireless IoT solutions ensure quality and freshness
RFID and NFC solutions for the supply chain are well-established in other retail areas, such as fashion retail, and proven to create process transparency. Now, food retailers can benefit from these solutions as well and reduce food waste as well as increase revenue.
“Food retailers benefit from a holistic NFC or RAIN RFID sensor solution for tracking and tracing, temperature monitoring, moisture and tamper detection, and brand protection. The solution increases transparency across the entire supply chain, ensuring the quality and performance of the goods. The solution generates a sustainable ROI, boosts sales, increases the customer loyalty, and lowers the environmental footprint. The time for modernisation in food retail is now!”, says Ralf Kodritsch, NXP Semiconductors, in an interview with “RFID & Wireless IoT Global”.
Through the use of cost- and energy-efficient sensors and tags, food retailers can create 100 percent transparency and control across the entire supply chain – from the producer to logistics to the sales floor.
Stop food waste – and increase sales!
In Forum 4 “Retail” on User Day, September 28, solutions providers and users explain, how wireless IoT solutions can increase revenue through increased inventory accuracy, guaranteed product quality, and lower warehouse costs.
“Stop wasting food” semiconductor manufacturer NXP demands and presents RAIN RFID and NFC solutions against food waste. Leading European retailers, such as Eurocash Group from Poland, have already rolled out solutions against food waste, solutions provider Blulog reports. Checkpoint Systems presents results and numbers from RFID solutions in food retail as well: 50 percent less time needed for stocktaking, a 7 percent increase in revenue!
On User Day, It is All About Use Cases!
User Day on September 28th showcases operational expertise in a wide variety of industries. Users and experts who have implemented successful RFID, NFC, BLE, LPWAN and other projects share their experiences from a range of application groups:
- In Forum 1 – Industrial IoT, learn how leading companies employ RFID for predictive maintenance, tool use optimisation, and mass customization.
- In Forum 2 – Logistics & Supply Chain, logistics experts and researchers explain how RFID and wireless IoT technologies can optimise individual logistics operations or connect entire global supply chains.
- In Forum 3 – Healthcare, project managers from leading European hospitals, hospital service providers, and system integrators discuss how to make the leap to healthcare 4.0 while keeping investments and privacy risks under control.
- In Forum 4 – Retail, experience successful use cases from food and apparel retailers. Learn how RFID, BLE, and wireless IoT technologies can lead to a rapid ROI due to increased inventory accuracy, fewer warehousing costs and shrinkage, as well as guaranteed freshness of foodstuffs and guaranteed authenticity of luxury items.
- In Forum 5 – Security & Consumer IoT, the presentations by municipalities, universities, system integrators, consumer IoT and security service providers showcase how our everyday lives and urban environments will change due to the implementation of wireless IoT solutions.
Book your ticket to RFID & Wireless IoT tomorrow right now and benefit from applied experiences in your field on User Day!