Canadian technology provider is coming to Düsseldorf.
On User Day, September 28, RFID & Wireless IoT tomorrow is presenting use cases from all over the world. Bob Moroz, President, RFID Canada, will present a UHF RFID accessibility solution for the Vancouver public transport in Forum 5 “Security & Customer IoT”.
Vancouver public transit becomes accessible with UHF RFID
Metro Vancouver's regional transportation authority organising mobility for all citizens and visitors, is aiming to enable individuals with severe disabilities to use the public transport system. Passengers with disabilities will be given a choice of RFID tags on lanyards that will trigger the opening of the fare gates, which today only work with the tap and go payment card system.
As a customer’s wheelchair approaches the designated fare gate at one of the stations the RF signal is picked up at a pre-defined distance by an UHF RFID reader. This is all accomplished without making any physical modification to the fare gates themselves. Future enhancements possibilities include real-time data analytics and visualization for business decision support.
“It is important to exclude no one from public transportation in Vancouver. What about people who cannot manually handle a transit card? After standardising this solution for transit, we are looking at other environments as well, such as all public sector buildings and work environments.” - Bob Moroz, President, RFID Canada
25 years experience in RFID and NFC solutions
RFID Canada is a leading technology provider with 25 plus years experience in providing solutions including passive and active RFID and NFC. As the Canadian distributor and partner of various RFID hardware providers, RFID Canada has been involved in several innovative RFID solutions presented at past RFID & Wireless IoT tomorrow events and featured in the quarterly RFID & Wireless IoT Global magazine:
- "Regina, Canada, automates snow disposal with RFID readers from FEIG Electronic"
- "Cover Story: Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto relies on RFID by Feig Electronic in the OR Area"
On User Day, It is All About Use Cases!
User Day on September 28th showcases operational expertise in a wide variety of industries. Users and experts who have implemented successful RFID, NFC, BLE, LPWAN and other projects share their experiences from a range of application groups:
- In Forum 1 – Industrial IoT, learn how leading companies employ RFID for predictive maintenance, tool use optimisation, and mass customization.
- In Forum 2 – Logistics & Supply Chain, logistics experts and researchers explain how RFID and wireless IoT technologies can optimise individual logistics operations or connect entire global supply chains.
- In Forum 3 – Healthcare, project managers from leading European hospitals, hospital service providers, and system integrators discuss how to make the leap to healthcare 4.0 while keeping investments and privacy risks under control.
- In Forum 4 – Retail, experience successful use cases from food and apparel retailers. Learn how RFID, BLE, and wireless IoT technologies can lead to a rapid ROI due to increased inventory accuracy, fewer warehousing costs and shrinkage, as well as guaranteed freshness of foodstuffs and guaranteed authenticity of luxury items.
- In Forum 5 – Security & Consumer IoT, the presentations by municipalities, universities, system integrators, consumer IoT and security service providers showcase how our everyday lives and urban environments will change due to the implementation of wireless IoT solutions.
Book your ticket to RFID & Wireless IoT tomorrow right now and benefit from applied experiences in your field on User Day!