RFID and Wireless IoT: Key technologies for the industrial production of the future
Access to digitisation has never been easier, cheaper, or more promising than now in autumn 2018. Modular manufacturing concepts, lot sizes of 1 in mass production, predictive maintenance – everything digital, transparent, and sustainable. These and numerous other innovations are not distant dreams of the future, but tangible realities, as the experts will demonstrate at the Industrial IoT & Maintenance forum on 30th October in darmstadtium.
Manufacturers, suppliers, and service providers – anyone who wants to be technologically up to date should be there! Get your ticket today for RFID & Wireless IoT tomorrow 2018! Convince yourself in the detailed program.
October 30, 2018
The digital transformation of industry and maintenance is on the rise. RFID & Wireless IoT are the key technologies to solve the industry's challenges on this path into the future:
- Disruption as an opportunity: Seeing and implementing digital business models
- From big data to smart data
- Smooth implementation of transformation processes
- Digital value chains
- New production concepts: The digital twin and 3D printing
- Digitalisation of product and service portfolios
- Saving resources, producing efficiently, protecting the environment
- Production in lot sizes of one
- Predictive maintenance and repairs
- Preventing product piracy and manipulation
- Secure M2M communication: Cybersecurity for connected machines and productions
Eight specialists bring the latest information from all over the world to the conference on successfully rolled out projects. The combination of best-practice examples and the trade fair with over 70 exhibitors provides real added value. With inspiration from the presentations and the opportunity to get to know the solutions and products of the hardware and system providers in the exhibition, a basis for discussion about digital visions in the industry and maintenance of tomorrow is created.
Focus topics in the Industrial IoT and Maintenance forum on User Day
- Turck – IIoT strategies from the perspective of a global mid-sized industrial company: What are the opportunities and challenges for increasing competitiveness in the industry 4.0 context?
- Siemens – Combining industrial identification and real-time tracking solutions to implement innovative concepts such as the digital twin
- Bosch – Key aspects of digital transformation in industrial manufacturing and logistics
- Fraunhofer IIS – MIOTY – the new LPWAN standard for industrial IoT in mining and more
- MV Werften Fertigmodule – Digital benefits with RFID & more in the production of cabins
- OPC Foundation – OPC UA is the global standard for the implementation of automated and innovative Smart Factory concepts
- Fraunhofer IPMS – Wireless monitoring of rotating parts avoids production downtimes
- RFID Centre Nigeria – RFID IoT development opportunities in Africa – Nigeria as a Case Study
Best Practice in 6 forums on User Day
The User Day will focus on the transfer of know-how from realised applications. Digital applications for the optimisation of processes and offers will be presented with 6 different priorities.
- Forum 1 – Automotive
- Forum 2 – Industrial IoT and Maintenance
- Forum 3 – Logistics, Aviation and Supply Chain
- Forum 4 – Retail & Logistics
- Forum 5 – Healthcare
- Forum 6 – Consumer IoT & Smart City
Innovations in 4 forums on Developer Day
Product launches, the latest results from research projects, integration and standardisation know-how: the Developer Day features exclusive information that turns the vision of the future of Wireless IoT into reality.
- Forum 1 – Research & Innovations
- Forum 2 – Technology & Hardware
- Forum 3 – System integration & Software
- Forum 4 – AIDC: Standardization, Markets, & Challenges
The conference is accompanied by one of the worlds most important exhibitions on wireless IoT. Have a look at the list of exhibitors.