RFID and Wireless IoT: Key technologies for the logistics & supply chain of the future
Implementing digitisation concepts has never been easier, cheaper, or more promising than now in autumn 2018. All the required hardware and software tools are available. The localisation of goods in real time, seamless condition monitoring of objects in global supply chains, the automation of intralogistics processes – everything can now be run digitally, transparently, and sustainably. These and numerous other process innovations are not distant dreams of the future, but tangible realities, as the experts will demonstrate at the Logistics & Supply Chain forum on 30th October in darmstadtium.
Logistics companies, manufacturers, suppliers, and service providers – anyone who wants to be technologically up to date should be there! Get your ticket today for RFID & Wireless IoT tomorrow 2018! Convince yourself in the detailed program.
October 30, 2018
The digitalisation of logistics and supply chains is on the rise. RFID & Wireless IoT are the key technologies to solve the challenges in the logistics sectors on this way into the future:
- Connected systems and product-related logistics services
- Transparent end-to-end transport routes
- Forward-looking telematics for energy-efficient route planning
- Sustainable systems and solutions for the improvement of environmental and climate footprints
- Real-time tracking & tracing - whether in the warehouse or in the global supply chains
- Elimination of mishandling
- Self-controlled logistics processes
- Automated, multimodal logistics and supply chain platforms
- Aviation: A future without any lost suitcases ever again!
Eight specialists bring the latest information from all over the world to the conference on successfully rolled out projects. The combination of best-practice examples and the trade fair with over 70 exhibitors provides real added value. With inspiration from the presentations and the opportunity to get to know the solutions and products of the hardware and system providers in the exhibition, a basis for discussion about digital visions for logistics will be created.
Focus topics in the Logistics, Aviation and Supply Chain forum on User Day
- Lufthansa Industry Solutions – Determining the status and position of objects using Bluetooth and other technologies
- BPW Bergische Achsen – From heavy metal to a transparent flow of goods
- Merck – Container management solution with RFID at Merck
- Travel Sentry – No more lost baggage! Is a permanently embedded RFID tag the key?
- Leipzig Airport – IoT-based Asset Management for Ground Support Equipment (GSE) for Blumenbecker Technik at Leipzig Airport
- IATA – Global Implementation of the IATA Baggage Tracking Resolution 753
- Delta Air Lines – IoT for RFID tracking bags and freight at airports around the world
- Zebra Technologies – Solutions for saving billions during baggage tracking according to IATA recommendations
Best Practice in 6 forums on User Day
The User Day will focus on the transfer of know-how from realised applications. Digital applications for the optimisation of processes and offers will be presented with 6 different priorities.
- Forum 1 – Automotive
- Forum 2 – Industrial IoT and Maintenance
- Forum 3 – Logistics, Aviation and Supply Chain
- Forum 4 – Retail & Logistics
- Forum 5 – Healthcare
- Forum 6 – Consumer IoT & Smart City
Innovations in 4 forums on Developer Day
Product launches, the latest results from research projects, integration and standardisation know-how: the Developer Day features exclusive information that turns the vision of the future of Wireless IoT into reality.
- Forum 1 – Research & Innovations
- Forum 2 – Technology & Hardware
- Forum 3 – System integration & Software
- Forum 4 – AIDC: Standardization, Markets, & Challenges
The conference is accompanied by one of the worlds most important exhibitions on wireless IoT. Have a look at the list of exhibitors.